Cream cheese poppers are the best things ever to bring to a party because it seems like everyone loves them. What’s not to love about creamy goodness on the inside and crunchy fried won-tons on the outside? But – just wait; we're taking it up a notch by adding tangy, sweet barbecued chicken to the mix!
This combination of barbecue sauce, chicken, jalapenos and chopped black olives with the cream cheese is an ultimate favorite for appetizer goodness! Make these the day after you grill chicken to make for an even easier and quicker appetizer, enjoy!
– 16 won ton wrappers (find them in the frozen section of your grocery store)
– 2 cup cooked chicken, shredded
– 6 tablespoons cream cheese
– 4 tablespoons chopped onion
– 2-3 jalapeños (depending how spicy you like it), seeded and chopped finely
– 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
– 1/4 cup chopped black olives
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– Shred chicken finely using two forks
– In a skillet, heat oil and onions over medium heat. Cook until onions are slightly browned. Add in cooked, shredded chicken and stir until well combined. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
– In a bowl, combine the chicken, onions, cream cheese, chopped black olives, chopped jalapenos and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
– Spoon in mixture to the center of each won ton wrapper evenly until the mixture is gone.
– Fold wrapper in half so it creates a triangle. Run your finger along the edges with a little water to secure the edges.
– Continue the process until all eight won-tons are folded and well secured.
– In a saucepan, heat oil over medium to medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add in the won-tons (Don’t overlap won-tons. Do two batches if you need to).
– Fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crunchy.
– Place on a paper towel or napkin to dry off excess oil, and enjoy!