Looking to impress someone in the kitchen? Then we HIGHLY recommend this recipe!
The chicken is coated with a breadcrumb mixture making it perfectly crispy and buttery on the outside. The chicken then finishes cooking in the oven to make it tender and delicious on the inside. Oh and did I mention it’s smothered in bacon, spinach and Parmesan cheese, then topped with a creamy, rich, decadent homemade white wine creamy Parmesan sauce that is to die for!
This sauce is so ridiculously good, you will never want to buy another jar of Alfredo sauce again because this stuff is the real deal.
– 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin (about 1 inch thick)
– 4 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped into bacon bits (not too crispy)
– 1/2 onion, finely chopped
– 1 cup chopped fresh or canned tomato
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 cup fresh spinach
– 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
– salt & pepper
– 3-4 tablespoon cooking oil
– 3/4 tablespoon parsley flakes
– Angel hair pasta
For the sauce:
– 1 cup white wine (I like Pinot Grigio)
– 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
– 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
– 1 cup mozzarella cheese
For the breading:
– 2 eggs, beaten in a bowl with 1 tbsp. water
– 1 cup flour, on a separate plate
– 1 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
– salt and pepper to taste
– Heat a skillet with high sides with 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions and cook until slightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add in minced garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
– Add in chopped tomatoes and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
– Add in white wine. Allow wine to reduce and simmer for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
– While the wine is reducing, heat another skillet for the chicken with 2-3 tablespoons cooking oil over medium-high heat.
– Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken. Add salt, pepper and parsley flakes to the panko bread crumbs. Also season the flour with salt and pepper.
To bread the chicken: Have 1 plate with the bread crumb mixture, one plate with flour and a bowl with the beaten egg.
-dredge each chicken breast in flour, shaking off excess. Next, dip in the egg-wash, and then into the breadcrumbs. Lightly push the breadcrumbs into each side of the chicken breast. Continue the breading process on each chicken breast.
– Once breaded, fry the chicken on each side for only about 2 minutes, or until it gets a nice golden brown, crunchy coating. We won’t be cooking the chicken all the way through at this point, as we will bake it afterwards.
– Assemble the breaded chicken breasts on a baking dish. Cover each one with the bacon bits and spinach. Next, cover with the mozzarella cheese as generously as you wish.
– Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
– Add the heavy whipping cream to your sauce, and let that slightly simmer while the chicken is baking. Do not allow the cream to come to a boil, otherwise it will curdle. Allow to cook about 10 minutes, stirring often.
– Add in Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, salt and pepper. Cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
– Serve your chicken over angel hair pasta, topped with the white wine Parmesan cream sauce.