A homemade mosquito trap that really works!
Use this EASY DYI from household materials to catch any pesky mosquitoes! Set up several of these in and around your house to protect those around you. Can never be too careful.
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot non-chlorinated water. Let mixture cool and pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
Let us know in the comments if you make one of these traps and what other steps you are taking to protect yourself from getting bitten!
Share the knowledge and help others stay safe!